Saturday, March 24, 2012

Aquarium

 Some of the pictures from our trip to the National Aquarium in Baltimore --  The kids and I really enjoyed it, next time we will take Daddy with us (he had to work).  One of the first things you see when you walk in is this large tank with rays, sharks and this beautiful green sea turtle named Calypso.  He was big. 
I love the Nautilus, they look so different. 
 Caitlyn mesmorized by one of the many fish tanks.
 After several escalator rides between several tanks you reach the top of the building where they have an open rain forest with live birds and tanks with fish from that region.  Very neat being transported to an exotic location.  Then you walk down through a huge coral reef region. 
 Then of course my favorite is the dolphin show.  They have several dolphins and the stage is smaller so you can get really close to them. 
 Such amazing mammals, I still have dreams that one day I will train dolphins. 
 After the dolphin show we went to the jellyfish exhibit. 
 Another one of my favorite creatures is the jellyfish.  So unique and they had a ton of them.
 All shapes and sizes and different colors.
 Something I had never seen before, upside down jellyfish, they were small.
Last they have an Australian exhibit with lizards, birds, and this crocodile.  I love Liam's look on his face in this picture.  
We had so much fun and plan to visit again very soon.  They also have a National Aquarium in DC that is not quite as large but one I plan on visiting also. 

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you are having some great experiences out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love the jelly fish pictures with the tiny fingers pointing at them, very cute! Looks like a fun place.

    ReplyDelete