Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Red Rock

 I took the kids hiking one afternoon to a place called Red Rock wilderness.  It's only a few miles from our house and I have been there several times to take pictures but I had never hiked the trail before.


 There are several trails that run from some older buildings to the Potomac River.  We took the trail that circled around and took us along the river bed.  Approximately, 1 mile total.



The kids loved these bridges that crossed over small streams all leading to the river.  
Caitlyn pulling a face behind her brother.

 Of course anytime we go hiking we have to take snacks and stop along the trail to enjoy them.
 The final view of the river before heading back to the parking lot.  I definitely thought it was worth it.






Although I am still partial to the landscaping in Utah I must admit that Virginia also has some pretty amazing landscape as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment