Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Bread

I LOVE BREAD!  Though I really should not admit that but I really do.  I am also very picky about my bread and not having Grandma Sycamore's bread here in Virginia I have cut back on my bread intake.  We do have a wonderful grocery store with a bakery that does make homemade bread that I really enjoy but it gets expensive at times and it is a white bread which I am trying to eat more half wheat/half white bread.  I have a yummy no knead bread recipe that I really like but I have to plan ahead which I am not always good about.  I will post pictures of that bread another time.  Today I am sharing bread that I learned to make from a wonderful neighbor of mine in Utah.  I grew up in 4-H and making bread for the county fairs with my mom but it was a frustrating process for both her and I.  I was not exactly the most patient baker when younger, but now I see the value more and have learned more about baking bread.  It is very satisfying pulling out a yummy loaf of bread out of the oven, yet it is also very disappointing after putting so much work and time into bread to have it come out of the oven hard, fallen or just tasting like yeast.  My neighbor has an amazing blog with several yummy recipes including this bread recipe.  Since she already has the recipe, process and pictures of it all I will just link you up to her blog.   ENJOY!  Meanwhile, I am going to enjoy another piece of bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment