Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Hiking

One thing I really miss about Utah and my childhood is hiking.  Both Craig and I want our children to really appreciate the outdoors so one morning I woke up and started to look for hikes in Virginia.  I remember that around March my Dad would sit down and go through all the hikes he had planned for the spring and summer.  We would get so excited as he would describe some of them to us.  I found a book about some hikes in Virginia and started to research even more. 













We finally had a warm spring Saturday so we jumped at the chance and took the kids on one of the hikes.  This particular hike was right off George Washington parkway and you can hike down to an overlook of the Potomac river.  We packed a lunch and some water and headed out. 







We all loved getting outside and enjoying the warm weather and the beauty of the world around us. The weather has since turned cold again but I have some big plans for a few more hikes this spring and fall. 






No comments:

Post a Comment