Sunday, June 12, 2011

Myrtle Beach, playing at the beach

 Craig had a conference in Myrtle beach for a few days and we decided to all go as a family.  We drove down to my brother's house the night before and stayed with them.  I haven't seen him or his family for about 10 months so we really enjoyed visiting and the kids had a lot of fun playing with the cousins. It was nice being able to break up the drive a bit also.  When we arrived at Myrtle beach, the kids and I mostly played on the beach and we had a lot of fun.  Liam really started to enjoy playing in the water and the waves, Caitlyn mostly liked playing in the sand and sitting on her towel.  Her daddy doesn't like sand and it appears that she may have the same attitude towards it. 


 They loved building a sand castle though it took mommy a few times before we figured out the right moisture of the sand for the pillars to really stay put. 

 At first Liam would just get his feet in and then run away when the big waves came.  It wasn't long though before he was really letting the waves come crash into him. 
The water was so warm, it's true what they say about the Atlantic being warmer than the Pacific.
 Picking up the seashells on the shore.  He was pretty mad at me when I told him we couldn't keep them. 
 Here he was really starting to get his hands and more of his body in the water.

 This was her favorite spot.  On the towel, far from the water and near the sand where she could dig but not have to touch it.

 Waiting for the waves so he could run away from them.
 Here he was being brave and staying even though the waves were crashing behind him.
 Pouring water in the middle of our sand castle.
 I know, my sand castle building skills need some serious help.
Burying him in the sand.  I actually did this to him when he was about 6 months old and am happy to say that he didn't experience too much trauma from it.  He was still willing to let me bury him though closed his eyes so the sand wouldn't get in them. 
 Day 2 at the beach.  I invested in a hat and she found her sunglasses.  Looking like a first class movie star here. 
 We went to the beach a little closer to daddy's conference and the waves were quite a bit bigger, he still loved them though.
 Our little set up.  I did bring treats and some water and she definitely found them to munch on while brother and I were playing.


I could have stayed all day, though was concerned about getting too much sun and keeping the sunblock on the kiddies.  Needless to say they did not get sunburned however I did on my back where I couldn't reach to put the sun block on.  We are home and already looking forward to another beach adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment