Saturday, April 23, 2011

Rice krispies Easter Eggs


I saw the commercial on tv for making these rice krispie treat eggs then two days later a neighbor brought me some rice krispie treats and I forgot how yummy they were until then.  I devoured them, unfortunately, but thought this would be cute to make for visiting teachers so we made some today. 
You simply make rice krispie treats and then put them into a jumbo egg instead of a pan.
Add a few M&Ms in the middle of them and then put the other side of the egg on to form the shape.  In the commercial you were able to hear the M&Ms shake a bit but mine didn't do that, still cute but I'm obviously not the greatest at following directions.
She was my little helper and would hand me the M&Ms.  It was so funny though she was trying to hand me some and I wasn't quite ready for them and she said "Mom, you better hurry and take them before I eat them."  Then she hurried and shoved them in her mouth before I could take them.  Maybe you just have to know her little personality but I was laughing hysterically at her little comment.
Let them sit in the egg for a little while they cool off and harden then voila, undo the egg and take them out.  They had them all decorated and I tried with some M&Ms on the outside but they kept falling off.  The most important thing is that they were yummy to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment