Thursday, February 17, 2011

Our new home??

The stairs to our new apartment.  We are on the 4th floor, a total of 60 steps.  Good exercise.
The other day we walked down the stairs and as I was putting my daughter in the car she mentioned she needed to go potty.  So we walked up the four flights of stairs, used the potty and walked back down.  Did I mention good exercise?


One of the three pools in our complex area.  We probably won't be swimming for a few months but I am definitely looking forward to it in the summer. 






As you walk in the door this is the first view you see.  Our built in desk, which is really quite nice to be able to have the laptop somewhere where I can use it and still keep an eye on the kiddies.




The kiddies room.  We finally bought their bunk beds and put them together, then I put the shelf up.  They are loving their new beds. 






The kitchen is pretty typical, a lot of cupboard space though.  We have an island which has drawers and cupboards underneath it also.  I have plenty of counter top space and room for all of my kitchen gadgets.  I think I even have an empty cupboard.  There is also a huge pantry/laundry room with lots of shelves and space for my food storage.  Definitely a must for when we buy a new house. 



Our living room.  Craig did an amazing job on mounting the TV above the fireplace.  I am hanging a few pictures to help it feel more like home. 











Craig's office, he will be working from home quite often.  This desk is in our bedroom, along with our bed, armoire, dresser, sewing table and nightstand.  Needless to say it all fits.  


Last but not least is our walk-in closets.  Both the master bedroom and kiddies room have walk in closets with lots of storage room.  You can see all my scrapbook and files are in our closets.  The kids closet has their toys and sports equipment.  Again something I will be looking for in a new house.  

We also have a balcony that is currently full of all our camping gear, golf clubs and bikes.  We are looking forward to warmer weather when we can use all of it.  And our bathroom has a nice big garden style tub, unfortunately not always enough hot water to fill it.  

We live within 10 miles of 4 golf courses, one of which is just next door.  Close enough I could sneak on and maybe play a few holes, who does that remind you of?  With my luck all of them will be private or very expensive but I will look into that when the weather warms up.  I will definitely be learning how to golf with a lot of trees around.  My incentive for Josh to come and visit me.  Oh and the US Open will be played here in the DC area,  I am contemplating getting tickets for it.  Let me know if you are coming. 

We also live 10 miles from a huge outlet store area.  From Old Navy, Gymboree, to Bose and Crate and Barrel.  Micheal Kors, Chico, Jos. A. Bank, Gap and 20-30 other stores I can see I will be spending a little time in that area.  My mom will be joining me shortly for it all also. 

We are adjusting well to our new environment 
and while everything
is falling into place 
it is certainly not home yet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment